We are so proud and honored to be part of a community that truly cares about the education of its children. Please take a look at the many other programs your contributions to TCSF made possible this year:
- TCUSD Music Education — $100,000 | TCSF’s Thrive! Campaign raised $75,000 to offset impending State budget cuts. TCSF augmented this gift with an additional $25,000 from its Summer School proceeds which allowed TCUSD to maintain its award-winning orchestra, band, and choral music programs for grades 4-12.
- Accelerated Reader Program – $30,800 | The AR program helps teachers manage and monitor children’s independent reading skills, and is an excellent tool to help students gain the confidence and skills they need to move on to the next reading level.
- Teacher Mini-Grants — $10,000 | Books, supplies and technology are among some of the items our teachers can request for their classrooms through DonorsChoose.org. TCSF provided matching grants for any qualified project posted on this nationally-acclaimed website.
- Scholarships for High School Graduates- $7,000 | In May, five TCHS graduating students were each awarded $1,000 college scholarships. In addition, two graduating seniors from the Dr. Doug Sears Learning Center also were awarded $1,000 scholarships each. Thanks to the San Gabriel Hilton for providing $5,000 towards these scholarships this year!
- Easy Grade Pro – $3,500 | This program allows parents to access their student’s grades and communicate with teachers. The program is a one-stop-shop for parents and helps them understand their child’s academic progress.
- Peer Listeners – $2,500 | The Peer Listener Program at Temple City High School provides student-to-student confidential support through formal training of students who apply to the program and are chosen for their ability to listen to and empathize with other kids about important life challenges.
- Other Student Enrichment and Youth Development Programs | Various grants were awarded for student activities that help enrich the overall school experience on and off campus, such as Temple City Youth Development (Heritage Trip, DC Trip, Tall Ships and Catalina Island), the TCHS spring musical, Every 15 Minutes and Grad Nite.