The Temple City Schools Foundation (TCSF) is an independent, non-profit organization run by a team of dedicated community volunteers. Our mission is to provide funding, programs and community support for educational opportunities that benefit the students of the Temple City Unified School District.
Our Board of Directors meets on the first Thursday of the months of September, November, January, March, and May. These meetings are open to the public and are usually held from 6:30 – 8:30 pm in the District Office. An Annual Meeting is held in June to plan for the coming school year and to elect new members and officers.
As a nonprofit organization, your contributions to TCSF are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Our EIN is 91-2126088, and our TCSF 501C3 Letter is available for evidence of our nonprofit status. Please note that TCSF is defined by the IRS as a 509(a)2 which is a specific type of 501(c)3.
To learn more about how we decide how to allocate the funds we raise, click here.
TCSF Board of Directors
TCSF is run by an all-volunteer board of directors from the community including parents, alumni, business leaders and educators:
- Kathleen Chambers, Treasurer — a parent of TCUSD graduates and accountant.
- Bob Westgate, Secretary – an alumnus of TCUSD, parent of current TCUSD students and TCUSD administrator.
- Kirsten Fernow, Board Member and ASB Liaison – a current TCUSD student and ASB member.
- Michael Lin, Board Member — a parent of current TCUSD elementary students and principal of La Rosa Elementary School.
- Robert McKendrick, Board Member – a parent of current TCUSD students and graduates, former Board of Education member, and attorney.
- Anna Molinar, Board Member – a parent of a current TCUSD middle school student and assistant superintendent of San Gabriel Unified School Distrtict.
- Linda Payne, Board Member — an alumna of TCUSD and Temple City businesswoman.
- Marty Rockenbach, Board Member – a parent of TCUSD graduates, former TCUSD employee and retiree.
- Kate Franceschini, TCUSD Liaison — Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services and Categorical Programs
- Ken Knollenberg, TCUSD Board of Education Liaison — elected Board of Education member and alumnus of TCUSD
- Tom Chavez, Temple City City Council Liaison — City Councilmember